View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
Benjamin

Name : BENJAMIN LONG SR.
Benjamin is on a distinguished road

I wonder what the whole story is. IF the car cut off like he said and he tried cranking it and it caught fire, it could have happened to the owner. IF the driver had wrecked it then he would obviously be 100% his fault.

at least he did call the fire department and it looks like station #1's truck (the new station towards Spence Field) came to put the fire out. I have a friend that works at that station I will inquire with him and see if he happened to be on shift that night or knows any details.

EDIT, I see that was in 08, I think he was employeed there at that time and will still ask. from the video comments
Quote:
As it ended up, Sean had the car tuned up a few months earlier and the shop ended up putting a distributer cap on the vette that was on recall for them catching on fire. I was the one trying to crank it when the fire started. The insurance CO determined that the faulty, burning distributer cap ignighted some fuel lines nearby.
SO you can't blame it on his friend "borrowing" the vette, he was doing him a favor, in more ways than 1,

Quote:
One of my best friends trusted me to drive his cherry 1987 Corvette from Denver, CO to Ft. Lauderdale, FL, where he was living. Well, I made it about 4/5th of the way (to Moultrie, GA) before this happened. As you can imagine, that was a pretty tough phone call to make to the owner, Sean.
Quote:
He was going to sell it when I got it to Ft. Lauderdale, but it was fully covered and the insurance company gave him more than what he was going to ask for it.