View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #2057
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Perhaps this link will work -> http://www.drivenracingoil.com/dro/g...-tech-bulletin

Bear in mind that my engine is not a stock engine. It was custom built from the ground up using a RHS block and all aftermarket internal components, including the oil pump. The Joe Gibbs 15W-50 oil I am now using was recommended by the engine builder (LME), and based on the fact that several people commented with concerns over the 5W-30 oil producing relatively low oil pressures at run time. So be careful of comparing apples to oranges in comparing what I am doing to what you might want to do. Your mileage may vary as to what might work best for you.

If there is a problem with the lifters pumping up, I believe it would be rather obvious at startup, so certainly it would be something to keep in mind. I also believe that the issue with heavier weight oils would be much more of a problem in the colder areas of the country than would be the case in Florida, since starting the engine on a very cold morning up north could be a real problem with thicker oil being much more a problem at cold temps. In my case, it is extremely doubtful that the oil temps will ever be below 50 degrees when I start the car. If the morning temps are colder than that, then quite likely I will just stay in bed till it warms up anyway.....