View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #15
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I went to tech school up in Mass for a company I worked for quite a few years ago. This was in July. One of the guys in the class and I decided to run to Cape Cod for a day to hit the beaches. We were laying on the beach and I was watching people jumping into the water and noticed most of them commenting that the water was a bit cool. "Wimps", I thought. So anyway, I finally got toasty enough laying in the sun that I figured it was time to cool off. So I just got up and ran down to the water and dove in.

DAMN!! I literally popped back up out of the water like a seed squeezed out of a grape! That water wasn't "cool" it was downright COLD! When my heart started beating again, I got the heck out of the water and laid on the beach to try to warm up again. I heard later that the water temp was 52 degrees. IN JULY!

Heck, in Florida, I'm not even sure the water EVER gets THAT cool at any time of the year.

So yeah, entirely different world down here......... Anyway, hope you do get to move down here permanently. There is nothing on earth that could get me to move back to Maryland. I hate snow and ice. I would often hear people down here making comments like "Oh, I just love the snow!" And I would say "Yeah? Well have you ever shoveled that crap? Driven in it? Had your car going sideways down the road when you found yourself on ice?"

Not for me. Yeah, we have hurricanes, but it's a hit or miss type of thing. Up north, you WILL get cold weather, no ifs nor buts about it.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote