View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #42
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I've got seeds!

Looks like I lost some during the rain that came through before I got home from being out of town, but at least they dropped into the bog tubs. So they aren't really lost, just that I was unable to collect them. I propped some of the flower/seed stalks up with some bamboo stakes that were leaning outside of the tubs, so good thing I did that. Otherwise those seeds would have been lost in the grass around the bog tubs.

I collected the rest and there are still a lot more to come. Looks like one of my smaller fly traps is putting out a late flower stalk, so I should have more, I guess, later on. Do they flower more than once a season?

The plants seem to have fared well through this stage, as they were all putting out new traps the entire time they were flowering and setting seed. Plus I was catching small grasshoppers out of Connie's garden to feed them, so I guess that helped. Sure wish they would catch yellow flies! They would have had bulging bellies this year.

Now I just have to set up some of the seeds to try to grow them and see how that goes. Should be pretty neat to see little tiny venus fly traps growing up if I'm successful getting them to sprout.