View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2017, 03:11 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, today (Tuesday) Connie and I went to the local Best Buy store, and found that Verizon was offering a real deal on the Samsung Galaxy S8+. $300 off of the regular price. I had been reading up on the front runners for IOS (Apple) and Android phones and the new Galaxy phone has gotten glowing reviews.

The guys there couldn't believe the old flip phone we had, and were too young to have ever seen the old plan we had with Verizon.

So I have to charge up the phone fully so I can take a look at options and play with it a bit. I can see where these is going to be a sharp learning curve here. Sort of made me change my perception of all the people I see staring intently at their smart phone constantly. Perhaps they are just trying to figure the darn things out.

And I learned something (partially) new too. This cell phone (and I assume others) can be charged up wirelessly just by laying it on a sort of paddle thingie. No direct contacts, or plug ins. It's just like laying the cell phone on a dish and it somehow draws power from it. I have to look this up to see how that works. Shades of Nikola Tesla magic!