• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Possible hurricane development - 10-08-2018

Ouch! Looks like the storm is supposed to speed up a bit and maybe be making landfall at my back door on Tuesday, 10/09. :ack2:

Sometimes the fact that weather forecasts are usually wrong is really something to look forward to.

Attachments

• ventusky_10012018_900pm.JPG
    ventusky_10012018_900pm.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 304
Those forecasts aren't looking as far ahead as the Ventusky projections are. The Ventusky models in this case are a week out.

So yeah, needs a big grain of salt, but certainly something to keep an eye on, just in case.

I say it will be nothing and go east of FL. I need rain bad so with my luck we won't get anything out of it. A TS would be nice with 7" of rain.

I am going 85 miles offshore this weekend. Let it wait until Monday at least.

It looks like the latest forecast on Ventusky is pushing possible landfall further west on next Tuesday. Near Louisiana.

Of course, this can change a LOT by then. This is, after all, just a weather prediction.

Attachments

• ventusky_10022018_1215pm.JPG
    ventusky_10022018_1215pm.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 290
Same here. Now our local forecast has us possibly getting rain next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Subject to change I'm sure. We could use some though.

Projection is calling for landfall in Louisiana. Possible tropical storm conditions here in the Wakulla County area.

But it ain't over yet. Longer term projection on Ventusky is calling for another tropical storm/hurricane to develop south of Cuba and kind of just meander around there the following weekend.

To good thing is that maybe it will blow that red tide crap away. The bad thing is, well, where will it get blown to?

Now named tropical storm Michael. Likely to become a hurricane in a couple of days.

I've been watching the latest models and it appears to be inching further west. Depends on which model as to how far west, though. But regardless, the panhandle is in the crosshairs, it seems.

Some predictions are now showing it strengthening to a Cat 3 before landfall.

Seems the tracking with paid advertising is showing it heading more towards Tallahassee and the others still a bit further west.

We are going to make preparations for getting some high winds, so things like taking down the wind chimes and anything that could get blown around.

Not sure yet if we are going to bail or not.

Just now upgraded to a Cat 3 with 120 mph winds and expected to continue strengthening. This is going to make a mess to say the least. Be safe everybody.

Back