• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rain today

I don't think we are going to get much rain from the tropical storm, as it appears it is going to move west of us. Maybe a stray storm or two, but nothing really significant.

We got 1.09" of rain today. Started just as we were coming home from doing errands in town. Had to sit out in the Jeep for a while until it let up.

Isaac is the one I'm concerned with. They show it tracking under Cuba as the week progresses. Where it goes after that.....:shrug01:

Got 0.05 inches of rain mist today. Except for the modest rain we got here during hurricane Michael, that has pretty much been it concerning precipitation for quite a while now.

Supposed to be more rain towards the end of the week, but I'm not holding my breath thinking that we won't have to be watering the citrus trees.

We got around .6 over the last couple of days. Nothing really to write home about, but at least the citrus trees got watered a bit.

Had rain off and on all day today (Tuesday). Accumulated 1.54" all total.

Been getting LOTS of rain through the weekend with more coming today. Don't have any idea how much since my rain gauge went brain dead on me. Talked to a friend of mine yesterday south of us who said he registered over 4 inches of rain on his gauge.

Might be a while before I can get the C5Z out with the new wheels on it.

WCTV claims we have gotten over 8 inches in some areas from this system. From all the standing water I've seen I would be inclined to believe them.

Yeah, our temporary pond is back, with box turtles swimming in it. We've got mushrooms popping out of the ground all over the place. Need to walk down to the stream to see how that is looking. Had some deer carcasses that someone dumped in the smaller stream, so hopefully they got pushed back into the woods.

We got a LOT of rain here from that storm front over the weekend. When Connie and I went out yesterday, we drove up the road over our streams and they were running pretty high, with the water filling up a lot of the wooded area around them.

Supposed to get more this upcoming weekend.

And our road is really a mess. Extremely lumpy and mushy in some areas. So no chance the C5Z will be going out any time real soon. Maybe I should have used the new wheels as ornaments on the Christmas tree instead of putting them on the car. :dead:

Looks like a lot of rain going to be moving from the west across the panhandle. Forecast is calling for 1 to 2 inches of rain here by tonight. Then the temps drop down to around 34 degrees by Tuesday night.

Looks like snow on the northern edge of this rain event.

Back