View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #10
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

I think there is a HUGE difference between owning a Corvette and being Corvette people. Let's face it, not everyone that owns a Corvette will join a club, a forum, or anything else to interact with other Corvette people. They typically will not , nor understand the purpose of the . The way I look at it is, it's their loss!

To me, someone who "owns a Corvette" but is not a Corvette person, probably owns one Corvette and they want the world to "...look at what I have".

A Corvette person lives with their Corvette; wants to own as many as they can; and wants to look, ooh and aah over what everyone else has. There are soooo many Corvettes that have been purchased, modified, restored, etc., since 1953 that a Corvette person just wants to take it all in. I have been fortunate enough to acquire a stable of 3 Corvettes, my '69 big block convertible, '01 6 speed vert, and '04 Z06 Commemorative Edition! You would think this would be enough to satisfy my thirst for Corvettes. Everytime I see a mid-year Grand Sport I have to stop what I am doing and go salivate all over it! And for that matter, I salivate over any other Corvette that is not mine!

Am I sick? ...I don't think so! But I at every Corvette I see (at my age I am not sure I see them all anymore) because I know they are just like me. And I am disappointed when they prove me wrong.

Corvette people love to and be at. If you don't get a back, remember they are either getting too old to see you, or they are not Corvette people and should be driving something inspiring and exciting like a Saab!

Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote