• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cool spell coming through

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Got down to 41.7 here last night. Pretty close to that last night, and likely the same tonight. Highs just reaching into the 60s.

We never got below 41f last winter. Just keeps getting warmer every year.

I'm OK with that trend. Never could figure out why people get upset about global warming. Increased crop cycle lengths, better crops with increased CO2, and I never could see anything healthy or welcoming about snow and ice.

Things change. No one ever guaranteed that the climate of this ball of dirt circling the Sun was static and unchanging. Matter of fact, the climate HAD to have been much hotter when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, and as far as I know, no one has ever found fossilized remains of the automobiles they were driving in order to cause those increased temps at that time.

The weather station sending unit in front of the garage recorded a low of 31.3 degrees this morning. :dead:

Connie and I were over just below Mobile, Alabama Sunday and Monday, and it appears they got a low of 26 degrees there last night. But we bailed out of there yesterday to come home, and escaped the worst of it.

The high today only reached 55.6 degrees.

42.6 degrees right now. Low is supposed to get down to around 41 degrees.

The low temp last night out on the weather station in front of the garage registered 27.7 degrees. :dead:

The citrus trees didn't look like they suffered any damage, though. Luckily. We have lots of Poncan tangerines and lemons still on the trees.

Got down to 57 last night and light rain for two days .We have company over Christmas and its the worse weather this year .

Side note that the last time it snowed here was 1898 but I keep a window scraper under the seat .Now Miami does get snow ever 30-50 years .

I believe that I still have a snow shovel that I brought down with me when I moved down here from Maryland. Probably one of the very few you could find in Florida.

The weather dopes were calling for a low of only 39 last night, but according to my weather station, it actually got down to 32.9. Good thing Connie and I covered up her pineapple plants!

A couple of days ago the weather forecasters (weather.gov) were calling for a low of 38 degrees last night. Then yesterday afternoon they changed it to 34 degrees. According to my weather station out in front of the garage, it got down to 29.5 degrees.

Tonight they are calling for 39 degrees right at this moment. How much stock do you think I should put into that forecast? :face_palm_02:

I think we will be covering Connie's pineapple plants anyway.

A couple of days ago the weather forecasters (weather.gov) were calling for a low of 38 degrees last night. Then yesterday afternoon they changed it to 34 degrees. According to my weather station out in front of the garage, it got down to 29.5 degrees.

Tonight they are calling for 39 degrees right at this moment. How much stock do you think I should put into that forecast? :face_palm_02:

I think we will be covering Connie's pineapple plants anyway.

No stock at all past 4 hours.

80's coming back for maybe over 2 weeks.

Yeah, no stock whatsoever. It is now 30.0 degrees outside. So they weren't even close. Been dropping steadily all evening, so it will likely get even colder before the sun comes up and starts warming things up.

Connie would have been pretty pissed had we believed the forecast and not covered up here pineapple plants tonight.

According to the weather station sensor in front of the garage, it got down to 28.9 degrees last night.

No more cold nights in the forecast for the next 10 days, but that is subject to change without notice.

Heck, I am still trying to find something about "global warming" to be unhappy about. :hehehe:

Back