View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #32
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
90's are showing up so lets see if it kills this bug for FL.
I would doubt it will have much impact. There are plenty countries all along the equator with infections, so I don't have much hope of summertime temperatures doing much. But perhaps the higher humidity might be what has an impact.

I'm seeing 115 confirmed cases in Florida now. There is nothing I know of the prevent infections to just explode, so if you haven't already made preparations for becoming homebound for a while, it might be too late to stock up on many things.

There are going to be a lot of people out of work, and perhaps out of money. The economy is probably going to grind to a halt because people won't be going anywhere to spend money. Which will mean a lot of desperate people who will do desperate things.

I am getting a lot of emails from retail businesses trying to convince customers that it will be safe to come to their stores. So I am guessing they are already feeling the pinch. When business stops, they will have to let go employees. Most people are living paycheck to paycheck, so things are going to go real ugly for them.

I have read quite a bit about these kinds of scenarios over the years. I had hoped I wouldn't have to actually live through one myself, though. Just not my idea of a great retirement in my "golden years".