• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rain today

Just had a storm pass through and we got 0.75" of rain. Temp dropped from a high of 97.7 degrees to 74.4 degrees in less than an hour.

Got 0.25" today (Thursday) and 0.07" yesterday. Not much. but enough to keep the plants watered.

When Connie and I would vacation in Sanibel, it seemed like that transition took place there around the first of June. Could see some impressive storms build up overtop of Ft. Myers about every day when the change happened. And it made our late afternoon strolls along the beach to look for shells kind of dicey since we had to keep a sharp eye for storms sneaking up on us. We would ride our bikes down a sandy road in Bowman's Beach to a much more remote section of beach where the shells weren't quite so picked over. The snorkeling was better there too. That made us have to give ourselves a LOT of lead time if it looked like a storm was brewing. Sometimes we didn't make it, though, and got drenched on the way back to the rental home. Storms seemed to pop up rather quickly there.

Nothing here since Friday. Hot as hell, though.

Power went out friday and my A/C stopped working. Everytime the power goes out the blower motor stops working in the air handler. Had to replace it in 2017 and last summer when the power went out it stopped working for 12 to 20 hours and then started working again. No clue what is going on.

It is a low voltage motor. I want the POS replaced with a normal motor.

Had quite a bit of rumbling yesterday, and the wind really kicked up at one point like we were in for a severe storm. Then nothing. Well, got 0.08" of rain, but nothing to write home about.

Yeah, we had a pretty good storm pass through here dumping 1.07" of rain.

Of course, Connie and I had just jumped into the pool. We normally only do that maybe 4 times in a year. I don't know why it feels so uncomfortable to be getting wet from rain while in a pool, though. Just doesn't seem natural.

We racked up 1.20" today. Figures, I've been wanting to take the C5Z out for a drive sometime.

We only got a sprinkle yesterday. 0.06" in a brief shower, and today so far just 0.01" since midnight.

But it looks like more is heading in from the West later on today. But storms sometimes just evaporate as soon as they get close to us for some reason.

Just been hot and sticky.

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on that one. Appears that nearly all the models are predicting it will go up the Atlantic coast. Those kinds of storms don't normally bring much, if any, rain over to the NW part of Florida.

Back