• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Some people just don't wave...

I always wave at everyone! :wavey:

I wish you guys could have heard me squealing when I received my first wave as an owner lol.

Rebekah7155 said:
I always wave at everyone! :wavey:

I wish you guys could have heard me squealing when I received my first wave as an owner lol.
:hmm: So.................you're a squealer, huh.:lmao:

Rich427 said:
I think there is a HUGE difference between owning a Corvette and being Corvette people. Let's face it, not everyone that owns a Corvette will join a club, a forum, or anything else to interact with other Corvette people. They typically will not :wavey: , nor understand the purpose of the :wavey: .

I agree. Some people just may not know. I didn't know about the wave until I finally got mine and spent some time on the web. I finally had a vette and wanted to know all I could. Then I learned about the wave.

Mine is my 2nd car and not a daily driver, although sometimes I drive it more than my SUV.

Has anyone ever caught themselves waving when not driving their vette. That gets me some weird looks at times. I do it before I even remember I'm a big ol SUV guy waving at the shiny vette :)

Sometimes I get a "knowing" wave back. Like the driver of the vette just "knows" I've got a vette and don't happen to be driving my favorite vehicle at the time. LOL

Everybody loves....

A squealer!:hehehe: :hehehe: :hehehe: :hehehe:

You guys and gal's need to remember that some of us live in places like Auburndale, FL (kinda between Lakeland and Winter Haven) and their just aren't very many vettes to see or wave at but I sure do when I can

Ken:thumbsup:

Well, I'm glad to see the brethren are waving on this web site and I'll either be waving or giving the thumbs up to all the vettes I see. This has been an interesting run and read on this thread. All A-holes, please move to the left and let us through. Amen. :wavey: :wavey:

It's funny how another vette will catch my eye while I'm driving but someone I know driving in a non-vette will say they saw me and waved and I never noticed them....happens all the time...And, yes I catch myself either waving or about to wave when I'm driving my "other" car.

I know that it wasn't me, I have told my kids that if we ever come along side or across from a red "Vette, we should all smile !!:rofl1:

For the most part I wave when I see another vette pass by, some people wave and others care less, I seem to have more responses with the c-4,c-5, and c-6 guys.

:dancer01:

I was taking my son to his Kenpo class tonight around 7PM and waved to two people in a silver C6 south of Crawfordville around the River of Life Church. Was that you Rich Z? They waved back anyway.

85vette said:
I was taking my son to his Kenpo class tonight around 7PM and waved to two people in a silver C6 south of Crawfordville around the River of Life Church. Was that you Rich Z? They waved back anyway.

No, wasn't us. The C6 hasn't been out of the car cover since Connie got back from Delaware last week. Been taking out the C5Z when we go for a ride..... :peelout 1:

Well said! :thumbsup:
Len

Rich427 said:
I think there is a HUGE difference between owning a Corvette and being Corvette people. Let's face it, not everyone that owns a Corvette will join a club, a forum, or anything else to interact with other Corvette people. They typically will not :wavey: , nor understand the purpose of the :wavey: . The way I look at it is, it's their loss! :yesnod:

To me, someone who "owns a Corvette" but is not a Corvette person, probably owns one Corvette and they want the world to "...look at what I have".

A Corvette person lives with their Corvette; wants to own as many as they can; and wants to look, ooh and aah over what everyone else has. There are soooo many Corvettes that have been purchased, modified, restored, etc., since 1953 that a Corvette person just wants to take it all in. I have been fortunate enough to acquire a stable of 3 Corvettes, my '69 big block convertible, '01 6 speed vert, and '04 Z06 Commemorative Edition! You would think this would be enough to satisfy my thirst for Corvettes. :nonod: Everytime I see a mid-year Grand Sport I have to stop what I am doing and go salivate all over it! And for that matter, I salivate over any other Corvette that is not mine!

Am I sick? :shrug01: ...I don't think so! But I :wavey: at every Corvette I see (at my age I am not sure I see them all anymore) because I know they are just like me. And I am disappointed :NoNo: when they prove me wrong.

Corvette people love to :wavey: and be :wavey: at. If you don't get a :wavey: back, remember they are either getting too old to see you, or they are not Corvette people and should be driving something inspiring and exciting like a Saab! :eek:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

:banghead: Today i was coming home from work and sitting at a light, a C5 Z pulled up next to me...right next to me, looks over i give a nod and a wave, i get nothing in return!! :banghead: :shrug01:

chris308 said:
:banghead: Today i was coming home from work and sitting at a light, a C5 Z pulled up next to me...right next to me, looks over i give a nod and a wave, i get nothing in return!! :banghead: :shrug01:

Hope it wasn't me. I've been sort of out of it the last couple of weeks. Pretty sure I've missed a couple. If it was you, here are two :)
:wavey: :wavey:

"Blip" 'em

I know I've probably posted this before but when I see a Vette coming toward me, I blip the fogs. Just pull your signal lever like you are turning on your hi-beams. The fogs will flash. Gets 'em everytime. If they are along side me and won't look, I honk. When I'm driving my C-4, I pull out the parking lights with the fogs on a few times; same response as my C-5

. :wavey:

sglfladad said:
Hope it wasn't me. I've been sort of out of it the last couple of weeks. Pretty sure I've missed a couple. If it was you, here are two :)
:wavey: :wavey:

LOL no, this was a red one. Thanks though heres a wave back!! :wavey: :thumbsup:

Wow this thread has had a good run. I'm glad you guys are all waving. You know I'll always wave back. Shoot, I'll even buy you a beer if we stop. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Not everyone waves

I wouldn't get too offended if someone doesn't wave ... they just may not get it.

I have owned and/ or driven in lots of different vehicles and honestly can't remember another vehicle that waves (there was the time someone waved their middle finger but that's another post) ... it seems to be exclusively a corvette thing.

When I first owned mine I wondered why people were waving ... my first trip was across the country, Wisconsin to Florida (had to bring it home). I thought it was kind of "funny" but I caught on quickly and now I'm a waver!

Oh, and just need to add that not everyone who owns only one corvette and/or doesn't belong to a club doesn't get it ... we get it ... we like our cars but our cars are not our lives. Maybe we're new in town, too busy, or not into the club thing. Maybe one car is all we need.

I am happily a one vette owner who doesn't identify herself with the year, model, etc of my car ... my car is not a status symbol and I don't think I am better than anyone else because of what I drive ... it's a fun perk that I worked for and enjoy ... that's it, nothing more nothing less.

I promise I'll wave, that is, if I'm not distracted by the phone, radio, cute guy in the car next to me or ...

Actually when I had my Jeep Wrangler and drove it, just about everyone (except maybe some clueless college kid whose parents bought it for him) also driving a Jeep would wave. :wavey:

mte.smiles said:
Wow this thread has had a good run. I'm glad you guys are all waving. You know I'll always wave back. Shoot, I'll even buy you a beer if we stop. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

OK next time we're in Bradenton guess who buys!:thumbsup:

Ken;)

Back