View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I don't believe (haven't done the research) the federal law applies to blocking a cell phone signal.

The law as I recall was submitted to prevent or discourage the use of any equipment that would jam or disrupt military and government radio facilities and public broadcasts such as television and radion stations. The occasional pirate radio stations that will over ride and broadcast over public airwaves are more recenet examples.

We are not "licensed" stations as cell phone users due I believe to the frequencies they use. Maybe someone with a HAM operators license could chime in on that part. They are "licensed radio stations."

Some businesses are currently using jammers to prevent or obstruct cell phone use in thier place of business.

Although I agree there should be some modicum of decency and discipline in the use of cell phones in certain businesses and facilities, I think the ones that block them altogether are asking for trouble if/when the sheet hits the fan.

As for me, block my signal, I don't care. When all hell breaks loose, just follow the sound of gunfire!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote