View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Concepts
The issue here is that you have a guy that doesn't have a Vette and most likely would like to have one. You have to excuse people like this. The want to be part of the conversation and often make statements that they know aren't true and so does everyone listening. Take the high road and just let it pass. Running 176 MPH in the quarter will not take place in most of our lives. You ought to be in the business and hear the stories we get. According to many of the conversations we've been involved with we've been verbally beat all sorts of rides. It seems every gathering whether it be a neighborhood party, a wedding or even a funeral. I've gotten to the point that unless it's another Corvette driver I don't go past a few lines and then I change to subject. Just let it pass. He'll walk away and involve himself in another conversation....perhaps he'll get to speak to a brain surgeon and give him some advice.
Right on Brother, I knew a guy that said he did a burn out on his motorcycle while riding a wheelie at 90 miles an hour. Then a highway Patrolman pulled him over. This guy said he punched the Cop in the face and the cop said is that all you got and gave him a warning. Some people you listen too and have fun with there conversations. Met another guy that said he was an interpreter for a general in Iraq. He said he would repeat what the Iraqi interpreter would say to see if he was feeding this General BS. He said he spoke 7 languages. I just came back from living in the middle east and picked up some Arabic while there. So I asked him what does humdela mean in arabic. He said oh that is not good. That is a bad word. He failed on that one, he then said he spoke German also. I am half German and I tried to spark up a conversation with him and he had no clue what to say. Just have fun with them. Put them on the spot. There just looking for attention and searching hard to fit in.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote