• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Corvette -Mexican food!!!!

THOR

It's time to pick another restaurant. I was thinking about El Mocojetes on June 30th at 1 pm. The mexican food is excellent and very very good value. The parking lot is big too. the restaurant is located in Palmetto on 301 just east of Haben Blvd (the road that goes behind the civic center) on the north side of 301.
Perhaps we can even do a little run and go out to Anna Maria to Bean Point and then down Longboat Key and visit a couple of water holes to quench our throats. Then head out around St. Armands and any points from there. Just a thought for anyone interested. It won't be a high speed run given that the island police really frown at cars in general on the island.
We could even do the run before lunch and then end up in Palmetto ready to chow. It wuld also be nice if spouses or significant others could join. Kids in my book are always welcome too. I would be glad to map it out and plan the few hours we'll be together.
Anybody interested. Mark:wavey: :crazy03:

Mark, that sounds great!!!

The island run is a beautiful drive and there are 3 little beach bars, one in Anna Maria, One in Bradenton Beach and another I think on Longboat Key, that are all owned by the same company. Ifyou want, I could contact them and see if they'd be willing to set something up for us on parking and the like?

I've got the information and will post it up later.

The only way to really enjoy the island cruise is nice and easy:thumbsup: You miss too much going fast and as you implied, the island cops have no sense of humor:NoNo:
Either way, this could be a great cruise weather permitting:thumbsup:

I'm flying my daughter and grandkids in from 6/21 thru 7/5, but if I behave, they'll probably let me go. After all it will be for a good cuase, my sanity.

The three restaurant-bars you are referring to are owned by Ed Chilles- the Sandbar, Beach House, and Mar Vista. They are great places to stop. Also was thinking of the Salty Dog in LBK adjacent to Mote Marine.
Say Shadow, what happened to you yesterday? I thought you were going to join us and show us your 87 vette. Also would like to meet you and get to know our moderator. Mark :wavey:

Da Shadow knows......:reddevil:

Seriously now. How the hell can I keep up a rep like "Shadow" if I keep showing up everywhere? Especially in the dayum daytime!!:rofl1: :rofl1:

Sorry I mised it guys and gals:(

Actually, I some last minute work issues that had to be dealt come up and couldn't wait:( By the time I was done it was after 1pm.

Still couldn't get the vettes hood open and the danmed thing wouldn't start!!!:mad: I got the drivers side open but the passenger side said:nonod:

Ended up flatbedding it to Andreh's (Insty Lube & Tune) and they had that side opened in 10 minutes:rolleyes:

By the time we had it started it was 6pm.

I'm definately looking forward to the next one. Would like to meet the crew:thumbsup: :icon_cheers:

There doesn't appear to be much interest for June 30 meet. Perhaps we should postpone until later or do something else. I 'm just looking for excuses to see my corvette friends and cruise a little. Please give me some feedback. Mark :wavey:

Just relax Mark,Let this great idea brew alittle,I may even show up this time,Let's just see how the rest off this month goes,I'm sure the crowd will build up.So Mark can relax alittle,I'll just tell everyone who loves there vette's PLEASE SHOW UP OR ELSE.:lmao: :rofl1: :ack2:

ok I finally heard a voice from the void. Alright then, I'll lighten up and relax and give it time to grab everyone interested. Enough said, time for a Coors. See ya. Mark

Now you're talking. Awesome, Great, It's time to RIDE (slowly) down the islands and celebrate conch time (that means no watches, time pieces, etc.). Or in Jamaica they say, No Hurry Man!!
OK anybody else. So far, me, Joe B. and Deb, possibly Shadow and C5Rick. A couple more or ten more would be just fine.
Also was thinking we could stop by Mote Marine if anybody interested for an hour or so. Across the street from Mote Marine is a funky cool bar-restaurant on Sarasota Bay called the Salty Dog. I hear a really cold draft callin' me.
For those interested, would you like to meet and eat first earlier (like around noon or so) and then cruise that afternoon? Or we could cruise first and then high tail back up to Palmetto to eat later in the afternoon around 1:30 -2 pm.
Give me a shout. Mark

Hi Dave, It's great to hear from you. It looks like we have about 4-6 vettes at the moment. I wish there were a few more to fill up the parking lots of the places we visit and freak out the LEOs on the island. I'm thinking we meet for lunch about noon and then for those that want to do an island cruise, we'll depart from Palmetto and head towards Anna Maria and drive to Bean Point. I lived on the island for 9 years and we can stop at interesting spots and watering holes along the way, and when we get onto LBK, we'll take a side detour to see a surprise critter that lives only on LBK, then motor down towards Mote Marine and perhaps visit there for an hour or so and across the street is a cool bar-restaurant called the Salty Dog. Then its only a hop to St. Armands Circle and Lido Beach where we can end our fun day.
Ok, everyone reading this I really would like a true head count of who really really will be there come hell or high water.
I have several two way radios (6) that i can bring so we can all converse while driving and I can point out stuff that most people miss along the way.
All we need is a great sunny day and no rain. Mark
SO WHO'S COMING?? :dancer01: :dancer01: :crazy03: :thumbsup:

Mexican food/Island visit

Hey there!
Can two Newbies join the fun?
We can be there....if the 'other half' does not have to work that weekend.
David & Jennifer

Hey that's great. Newbies are always welcome. I'm inviting anyone that just wants t ohang out with other vette lovers and eat some good mexican food and a nice easy stroll down Anna Maria Island and Long Boat Key. So come on down and I'll send the particulars on this thread this weekend. Mark :dancer01:

Sounds like a plan to me. Hey Mark, keep in mind, if your day job ever gets boring you could always moonlite as a Tourista Caravan Captain !!!

Joe B.:thumbsup: :lmao:

Ok, here's the plan for June 30. We will meet at El Mocojetes at noon. El Mocojetes is located in Palmetto on Hwy 301 just east of Haben Blvd and the civic center. The restaurant is on the north side of Hwy 301. If confused, send me a pm.
From there we will go over the small bridge and Manatee river into Bradenton and go west on Manatee Ave. We will take a easy drive down Riverview Blvd. and see the homes and River as we head west. We make our first stop at Desoto Point and the mouth of the Manatee River where it enters into the Gulf of Mexico. This is where Hernando Desoto was believed to have landed and explore Florida 500 years ago!
From there, we'll do a small jaunt around the old Loop Rd. and then head to Anna Maria Island towards Bean Point. If possible, we'll stop there and walk to the very north end of the beach if everyone wants to. It's very beautiful there.
Then we'll head to the Sandbar and sit on their deck for a little while. They have great Pina Coladas and the conch fritters are to die for.
We'll then head south down Anna Maria Island and cross over to Longboat Key (LBK) and make a side detour to see some infamous critters that live there. We'll continue south until we get to the Mote Marine Research center. The aquarium is nice there with all the shark research and dolphin and turtle rehab that goes on. Across the street is a funky bar-restaurant called the Salty Dog and we can stop there for a cold one if everyone is interested. Some may want to stay longer and go to Mote Marine or we can cruise down to St. Armands and Lido Beach and hang there for a bit.
That's pretty much it. I figure lunch and cruise with stops around 4 hours or longer. No feelings hurt if some folks need to leave earlier. I would appreciate a head count so I know who to expect at El Mocojetes.
Don't forget your camera! We need great pics to show everyone what they missed!

98 softtail said:
Sounds like a plan to me. Hey Mark, keep in mind, if your day job ever gets boring you could always moonlite as a Tourista Caravan Captain !!!

Joe B.:thumbsup: :lmao:

Hey Joe, How did you know? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :crazy03:

Back