• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Job hunting/out on a limb

sglfladad

Looking for a job! I lost mine a few months ago due to corporate downsizing. I took a few months off to recharge and spend some quality time with my kids. It's now time to look. I'm not too interested in relocating as I like the corvette Florida board :)

First of all..if anyone knows someone at the Nielsen company in Tampa, there's an opportunity there that looks tailor made for me. I'm working with a recruiter to get my foot in the door for an interview, and any extra edge would be appreciated.

Here's my "summary". If anyone knows of an opportunity let me know. Pm me with your email and I can forward my resume.

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE+I) ~ CompTIA A+ Certified

Diligent and detail-oriented Information Technology Professional with more than 12 years experience in systems engineering, support, and network and database administration. Background includes proven skills in various Microsoft technologies, backups and restoration, and production support as well as extensive experience researching, purchasing, implementing, and managing mission-critical storage area networks (SANs). Demonstrated ability to produce superior results independently or as part of a team, achieving the highest possible availability and reliability of systems and applications for any industry.

Thanks

Last edited:
Chuck, I gave the resume you gave me to my friend Mical who runs the IT company. He was going to give you a call as well.

Jim, Vette Boy and Shadow, you guys are awesome.
You won't find this kind of care and help in any other forum.
God bless you.

Classy said:
Good luck in you hunting,We know it all will work out for you.:thumbsup:

Thanks Classy..appreciate it. Yes, I'm sure it will. Never hurts to get a little networking going though.

As Lou G put it a post or so earlier...You won't find this kind of care and help in any other forum.

Thanks..

p.s. Nice meeting you and your husband yesterday...and for that matter..everyone who came along for the run.

Try G.E. here in Jacksonville at the Naval base. If you need any leads I can hook you up.
Sandman(Rob)

sandman said:
Try G.E. here in Jacksonville at the Naval base. If you need any leads I can hook you up.
Sandman(Rob)

Thanks,
Right now I can afford to be a little picky.
Although I love the Jacksonville area (lived there almost 20 years), I'm not too interested in moving out of the Tampa area right now.

sglfladad said:
Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

I start my new job at Nielsen on Monday!

:dancer01: Congrats! Hope the new job works out.

Backyard Mechanic said:
That is so good to hear:dancer01: :dancer01: ,Now you can get that Pinto you wanted.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks everyone :)

Yes..I've been looking forward to buying an orange one...just like my mom had when i was a teenager. I still remember sitting in the back seat and dealing with the horrible drone when she would shift into 4th when she should have shifted into 2nd :)

I am happy for you. If you ever decide to move back to Jacksonville let me know. GE is always hiring up here.
SM:thumbsup:

Back