View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #67
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@thecorvetteshow
Any chance of doing a demonstration some saturday morning?
I got a 98 c5 vert that up close is full of swirls and scratches. Would like to see first hand and learn how to take care of these things. Possibly using an orbital? How to use a buffer correctly?

For me, I can read all about it, but I need to see it done first hand to learn and retain. Thats the teacher in me, LOL.

Just an idea. We could shot some video as promotion/how to?

Let me know.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

Yes, I am at the store on Saturday mornings. We are open until 2 pm on Saturdays. Its better to get here early so we have enough shade. I will tell you that you will not remove scratches and severe swirls with an orbital buffer. An orbital buffer may take out light swirls but not scratches. Orbital buffers do not have the power to do the job. You will have better results buffing by hand with terry cloth than you will with an orbital. But in order to save your back and obtain outstanding results, you will need to learn how to use a varible speed buffer. You do not have to buff at high speed, but you need the circular drive cutting power to buff. We sell these buffers at our store. They cost 65.00.

If you decide to purchase the buffer and some of our products, I will teach you the correct way to buff your car without burning the clearcoat. You will be able to maintain your finish and never need a detail shop again. If you would like to do this, just call me and let me know you are coming. 727 582-9073. Thanks.

Joe- Flash
Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote