• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2009 National Corvette Caravan To Bowling Green

Good question! Usually it is 1 year in advance, but I am currently checking in to it, and will let you know as soon as I find out.

EZ

Here's the info on motel reservations!

Hotels will not take reservations till 365 days out. Some ARE accepting requests to be on the waiting list to block a group of rooms. Most people who try to get reservations as we get to that 1 year mark will be told by the hotels that they are fully blocked or booked. Blocked does not mean sold out. All hotels have a date for these events (usually 3 o 8 weeks out) when you have to have a charge card reserving each room or the balance of the block goes back into the general pool. So we will be encouraging people to get on the waiting list of hotels they really want hope to get into.

Captain EZ said:
Hotels will not take reservations till 365 days out. Some ARE accepting requests to be on the waiting list to block a group of rooms. Most people who try to get reservations as we get to that 1 year mark will be told by the hotels that they are fully blocked or booked. Blocked does not mean sold out. All hotels have a date for these events (usually 3 o 8 weeks out) when you have to have a charge card reserving each room or the balance of the block goes back into the general pool. So we will be encouraging people to get on the waiting list of hotels they really want hope to get into.
I have never been on one of the caravans, but look forward to the 2009 caravan.
I thought that the Captian selected and arranged for hotels along the way.
Am I mistaken? Or is it just along the way and not the final destination? :shrug01:

We will plan for overnight stops to be in locations that have (hopefully) enough rooms for all of us. We will get blocks of rooms, and let you know what motels are participating, and what other motels are near by. It will be up to the individual to make their own reservations.

The motels in Bowling Green are expected to be completely booked up very early. There are many other motels along the interstate that are very convenient to the NCM. You will be advised of all motels, locations, phone numbers, etc. This is currently being worked on.

The previous email was directly from the NCM.

EZ

Registration Now Open

2009 Caravan registration is now officially open!

To access registration, go to the NCM web site

www.corvettemuseum.com

Go to the EVENTS drop down menu, and click on 2009 National Corvette Caravan.

At the bottom of page you will find the link.

Process is quite painless - registered

SWFCC Club Members Registered So Far:

als2052
jcb_njb
2Vettes

Will add on to list as more come forward...

Armando, I signed up! I should be a member of your club by then assuming you take my money!

Rich427 said:
Armando, I signed up! I should be a member of your club by then assuming you take my money!

Personally I feel the money is secondary. Its the good people like you that our club is most interested in.

Agree that money is not an issue. We have been fortunate to have been associated with 3 area Vette clubs, and the members with whom we associated have all been wonderful people. Nothing says that one cannot join more than one Vette club!

Electra said:
Agree that money is not an issue. We have been fortunate to have been associated with 3 area Vette clubs, and the members with whom we associated have all been wonderful people. Nothing says that one cannot join more than one Vette club!

Barb, Long time no see or hear - hope to see you and Andy soon and definitely for the big Caravan...

Armando

als2052 said:
Personally I feel the money is secondary. Its the good people like you that our club is most interested in.

Armondo, that is great to hear! I am assuming that you will sponsor us with SWFCC based on our good looks and Corvette knowledge, since I retired today, I don't have any money! :lmao:

Joyce and I are starting the drive down tomorrow morning. Should be in Ft. Myers Sunday afternoon and we plan to be there for the month of August. (We decided to get away from the heat and humidity here in Maryland! :rofl1:) Maybe we will attend the August club meeting, whenever that is, and start to get involved.

Barb - We just might join more than one club. We will talk when Joyce and I get in and we can compare notes!

Rich

Rich427 said:
Armondo, that is great to hear! I am assuming that you will sponsor us with SWFCC based on our good looks and Corvette knowledge, since I retired today, I don't have any money! :lmao:

Joyce and I are starting the drive down tomorrow morning. Should be in Ft. Myers Sunday afternoon and we plan to be there for the month of August. (We decided to get away from the heat and humidity here in Maryland! :rofl1:) Maybe we will attend the August club meeting, whenever that is, and start to get involved.

Barb - We just might join more than one club. We will talk when Joyce and I get in and we can compare notes!

Rich

Rich, consider yourself sponsored. Congr ats on your retirement.

Our next meeting is August 21 @ 7PM. Our address is on our website www.swflcorvetteclubl.com compliments of Linda, our webmaster.

Barb: You and Andy are also invited as well...

Armando

Thanks, Armado. As it is, I'm having a difficult time managing my schedule, but it's always nice to know that we're welcome!

Rich427 said:

Rich
Rich, you and Joyce would be most welcome. We'll discuss at dinner this week (I assume?)

als2052 said:
Barb, Long time no see or hear - hope to see you and Andy soon and definitely for the big Caravan...

Armando
Armando, the Lord willing, we'll be there! The 2003 Caravan was the best vaction I ever had, and we are both looking forward to 2009!

Rich427 said:
since I retired today, I don't have any money! :lmao:
Rich
Congratulations on your retirement Rich. I have been retired for 4 1/2 years and my wife and I are loving every minute of it. :dancer01:

Lou G said:
Congratulations on your retirement Rich. I have been retired for 4 1/2 years and my wife and I are loving every minute of it. :dancer01:

Thanks Lou!

We have been looking forward to this for some time! As soon as our house sells in Maryland we will become full time residents here in Florida. The Vettes have been full time residents here for about a month now and they seem to like it!

As time permits we will become active in one or two of the local clubs here in SW Florida and we are looking forward to that as well!

Rich

Back