View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I actually dry my car off with a leaf blower after washing. There may be tiny water spots remaining, but they are easy to get off with a wipe down with detail spray.

I need to look up those non-beading products again. I think I saved links somewhere.....

Hi Rich,

The rain water is not as hard as the water that comes from the hose. If you keep your car waxed and it rains on the car, after it dries you should not have any water spots. if you do, they are usually faint spots and can be wiped off. If you wash your car, you better make sure you dry it off with a chamois or microfiber towel. The water is very hard and contains harsh calcium deposits. You will then need a cleaner wax to remove them if the sun bakes them into the clear.

As far as should we wax and have beading or not wax and have the water sheath off is totally up to you. The benefits of waxing are as follows:

Keeping wax or polish on your car:

1. Protects your finish from the harsh UV Rays of the Florida Sun.
2. Leaves a high gloss and looks good.
3. Leaves a smooth surface and stops contaminates from attacking the clearcoat.
4. Makes vehicle easier to wipe and resists staining.

Never and I say Never, hose your car down and let it air dry. Not in Florida.
You must always wipe the car down after washing. If you have enough wax on the car it should resist rain water spots.

Detail sprays are good to use in between waxing, but you must hand wax, regularly to keep contaminates away. Hand waxes contain silicone and that my friend is your UV protection. The more wax you have on the car, the more durable the finish and the longer it lasts. Wax build up is very good! The sun is just too dam strong down here. I will tell you that the best hand wax to use is: Flash Liquid Paste Wax made by Malco products.

It contains Carnauba, and Dupont Teflon. This wax when used regularly will resist spotting and contaminates. Its easy to use , has a good cleaner in it and leaves a high gloss. I have used Flash since it came out in 1989 and its a great product. We named our company after that wax!

I would rather keep my clearcoat protected from the harsh enviroment, than not to wax it and let it fade away. Take Care.

Joe - Flash Auto Detail Products
Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote