• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

LS6 Intake Swap

chris308

spam sniper
Setting up to do the swap on my vert. I have all the parts to do the swap per ls1howto.com's instructions.

I was wondering if there was something else i should do while the intake is off or anything else associated with this mod/removal?

Thanks.

Ported and polished throttle body? Throttle body coolant bypass?

Check and clean MAF if needed.

DoH, i forgot to put that down. Yes, I have a ported and polished TB to go on as well.

I read a few times over on the other forum that it's not really worth it to do?
Whats everyone here think about it?

I believe my Shaner ported and polished throttle body helped with throttle response, but with some people unless it shows up on a dyno sheet, it doesn't matter. Some things are "seat of the pants" improvements that a dyno sheet won't quantify.

How old is your oil pressure sending unit? When it goes bad, the intake has to come off. Easy to replace while the manifold is off.

Back