• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tire Service

C5Rick

Need to have some wheels and tires mounted and installed. After reading the post by Rich Z I'm nervous :eek: . Looking for a shop in the Bradenton - Sarasota area I can go to and not worry.

Thanks, but unfortunately I have to work to pay for my Vette and as a result I need a facility that's open on Saturday or open until at least 6:00 PM. I'm afraid I will never see Corvettes West due to their hours.

Wasn't there a guy forum member Gannett used that was mobile. He would come out to your home or work I believed. He seemed really pleased with the guys service.

tried searching for it but im not using the right parameters to find anything :ack2:

Rick, I used Goodyear on SR70 near my house and they did a good job on Debs car, I used Tire Kingdom on my car and I felt they were OK, not as careful as Goodyear. Both are open 7 days a week, for your convienence.

Joe B.

PitCrewTire

He comes to you. Super service, fast, on your schedule.

He's also signed up with Tire Rack, so you can have your new tires shipped right to him, and he'll bring them out on the truck when he comes. I can't imagine anything more convenient.

It's pretty interesting how he jacks the car up. He actually uses a sort of "bag" which goes under the rocker in the usual place and gets filled with air. Works a treat, and no danger of damage to the car.

Gannet said:
PitCrewTire

He comes to you. Super service, fast, on your schedule.

He's also signed up with Tire Rack, so you can have your new tires shipped right to him, and he'll bring them out on the truck when he comes. I can't imagine anything more convenient.

It's pretty interesting how he jacks the car up. He actually uses a sort of "bag" which goes under the rocker in the usual place and gets filled with air. Works a treat, and no danger of damage to the car.

Now thats a "House Call"

C5Rick said:
Yep, but according to his listing on Tire Pack, he stays in Pinellas county.
If I remember right, his website used to say he did Pinellas and Hillsborough at least. I'd email him and see what he says. Nice guy.

I forgot to ask

C5Rick said:
Need to have some wheels and tires mounted and installed. After reading the post by Rich Z I'm nervous :eek: . Looking for a shop in the Bradenton - Sarasota area I can go to and not worry.
What kind of wheels and tires did you get? Are they a complete wheel and tire that just needs to be mounted on the car, or are they seperate wheels and tires that need to be mounted and balanced first? If they are already a set they should already be balanced, if so, head over to my place and I have the jacks and tools and I will give you a hand doing it yourself.

Joe B.

98 softtail said:
What kind of wheels and tires did you get? Are they a complete wheel and tire that just needs to be mounted on the car, or are they seperate wheels and tires that need to be mounted and balanced first? If they are already a set they should already be balanced, if so, head over to my place and I have the jacks and tools and I will give you a hand doing it yourself.

Joe B.
I just bought wheels so everything needs switched. They are C6 Z06 chrome in my stock sizes.

98 softtail said:
Both are open 7 days a week, for your convienence.
Joe B.

I stopped by Goodyear today, but they were closed. Probably for the holiday. Hit rain all around RT70 & 301 area coming and going :ack2:

C5Rick said:
I stopped by Goodyear today, but they were closed. Probably for the holiday. Hit rain all around RT70 & 301 area coming and going :ack2:
Well they used to be open on sundays, I'll bet they are open on monday.

Good luck Rick with your wheels. I know that John at Auto XTC can do this for you also. He will do Saturdays by appointments only but it will mean a drive over the Bridge. Locally, I've used Tire Kingdom on Cortez Rd. over the years on several different cars and always got pretty good service. I can't say I've ever seen a vette there.

Back