View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #22
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Is that where you are headed, Dave......
Oh, I'm still up in the air, and likely will be right up until it's time to lay out the cash.

Part of what's hard about it is that it's hard to know how much is "enough" and how much is "too much". We never had that trouble much in the Good Ol Days. Anything you could drive around wasn't "too much". Nowadays...whew!

Someone like Greg has the advantage of having been around, and driven, a ton of different combos. Now that the weather is better I'm going to try and get some rides. There are quite a few blown cars in Florida.

Another hard part, for me, is that most guys with highly modded cars use them as weekend toys or secondary transportation. Their notion of "practical", "reliable", and "streetable" is different from mine. And yet another factor is that the guys with really strong combos mostly run DOT race tires, whereas I drive in downpours on occasion and need real street tires. So how does that limit what is "too much"? I don't know, and when you ask you get a lot of different answers.

So lessee...

Warhawk 481 talldeck?
Kenne-Bell?
Procharger on a 427?
STS 427?
Stay sane and do a lil ol Maggie?

Decisions, decisions...

No rush, it's going to take about 2 years to get it all done. I just had Greg install new brakes and suspension, and minor appearance mods. That stuff is done, at least until after the driveline and power package is complete. Next up is clutch.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote