• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Car is in the shop for more power, good news so far!

hate the popping back

my super charger does the same thing on deceleration i think it has something to do with low vacume when gearing down not sure.

Gannet said:
Boy, you're not just a-kiddin! I didn't really think it would make that much of a difference. I'm not sure I like it. It's not so much that's it's louder (it is), but that the tone has changed a lot. It's more raspy and nasal now, whereas the Bullets on stock manifolds was just pure musclecar rumble. The drone has also gone from mild to rattle-body-panels-ridiculous. I'm going to have to drive it some more and see,
but I suspect the Tis may be going back on.

Well, what have you decided? Get used to the Drone and all around difference in the sound? How are the 8+ month old Mods treating you now?

ynkedad said:
Well, what have you decided? Get used to the Drone and all around difference in the sound? How are the 8+ month old Mods treating you now?
The only thing that could induce me to remove the Bullets would be an STS setup. :D

The car is much more grin-inducing than it was stock. Occasionally I miss the smoothness and sophistication of the stocker, especially when just tootling down the freeway at traffic speed. But whenever I drive in a more entertaining fashion; oh yeah! Making "engine music" with it is just tremendous fun.

It actually doesn't seem that loud anymore. I'm looking forward to what it will sound like with more power. It's conceivable it will get "too loud" at some point so I'm keeping the Tis.

I just had the next round of mods done, new brakes and suspension plus a little bling. Next up is the clutch, and once that is done I will take it back to the track and see what it does with the 295 Pilot Sports instead of the old runflats.

Overall, I'd have to say that it's committed to the "hot rod" path now.

The car continues to amaze.

Hey Gannet,

:wavey: ..I'm glad to hear things are going well with the car!:dancer01:

Thanks for the response and the update.

~Ray:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back