View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #16
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Rich,

I think I joined in the first 60 days, yet I am not sure whether I am in that 1st 100 members, and to be honest, it is not a big deal to me. I came to this site because I was in the planning process of moving from Maryland to Florida, which by the way, the final move takes place next week, FINALLY! Since I have been active with a Corvette club for almost 20 years, I was looking to find something that would replace the friends that I had developed in Maryland. This site has helped me do that!

Through this site, I have met 2Vettes, which she has helped my wife and I and introduced us to other members of her club (SW Florida Corvette Club), which we recently joined. We also met Electra, and she also helped us by introducing us to her club (Corvettes of Naples), which we also joined.

So, I took a chance on an upstart forum to try to get us involved with Corvette people in SW Florida, and I could not be happier with the results. But in addition, I did not realize that I was also going to find a bunch of people that I also enjoy just BSing with on the site. And this I have you, Rich, to thank and I don't need any recognition for participating on our forum.

It is also not surprising to me that you have found an apparently high turn over of the first 100 members. I would be willing to bet, that you will find the same sort of turn over in the second hundred, and third hundred as well. I have always believed in the 20/80 rule, and it really does apply to most things we do. 20 percent of the people do 80 percent of the work. And this will apply regardless of when people joined the site.

I guess this was a long winded way of saying, I don't think you need to go to the extra work to place icons above or below our avatars. If you feel you really need to acknowledge the people that helped you keep this forum going in the early stages, then I personally like Linda's idea of just listing the date they joined our forum. This way, you can see who the older people are and by doing this for everyone, we also can see how long any member has been involved with the site. I think this would not upset anyone.

As far as recognizing the quality of the posters, the site is already taking care of that through the recognition points. Please do not take on anything that will require more effort. The site is fine the way it is. Just my opinion.

Rich

PS: Sorry for lack of involvement the last couple weeks, it has been difficult traveling back and forth to move, and staying active on any of my forums.

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote