View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
sglfladad

Name :
sglfladad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie
Actually, Only the Console Lid#14,Shift Knob(Not Pictured), Console Top #8 or #9(Depending on Man or Auto) and Bezel# 52 need to come out!! I believe there are 6 screws(If I remember right!!) that hold the Head unit in place,and it slides out the front!! There are 2 fuses in the back of it!!(If I remember right!!) The Radio itself is in the back compartment with the Jack!!! There bad to get Water in them from the hatch weatherstrip being bad or leaking and Short out and Blow one of the fuses!! Sometimes they will dry out and be OK after replacing the fuse,Sometimes Not!!
PS Make Sure that the drain holes in the compartment's are clear!!
You're probably right. You've certainly worked on these much more than I have. I sold my 90 a while back and let the service manual go with it. As I think back, I recall that I also had a need to remove both seats in order to swap the power seat racks.. That's probably where I got the part about the side console covers. I did it all as one project. I only replaced the head unit, not the radio.

Thanks GM..

p.s. I still suggest you take pics and take notes of where you pulled screws from..
sglfladad is offline   Reply With Quote