Thread: Hot Fuzz
View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2007, 03:17 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Hot Fuzz

I looked, I swear I did. But I didn't see it. I did see the warning that this movie is rated "R" with "Violent content including some graphic images, and language.", but NOWHERE at all did I see that all important "B" rating. Meaning, made in Britain. With British style humor. Perhaps I should have taken a hint from the warning that this movie was made by the same guys who created "Shaun of the Dead". I saw that one also and is one of the few movies I gave away to someone. The stuff on the back of the DVD cover certainly was misleading by stating that US based reviewers made so-and-so comments. Not the first time I have had a British made flick slipped in on me because there was no way to tell differently.

First off, the British accent is just hard for me to understand. Much as their sense of humor is. But when the British try their hand at gun handling and car chase scenes in those little breadbox cars, well, that's just WAY around the bend for me.

Unfortunately, this was my test movie for the HD-DVD player I just got. The picture looked REAL GOOD, but someone dinked around with the audio and had the base SO frickin loud I had to cut the base setting down by four decibels before the sofa started bouncing around the family room. Oh, and if anyone you know suffers from epileptic seizures, there are some sections of the flick where images flash by so rapidly with alternating light and dark areas, that they would definitely be in danger of suffering an episode while watching this movie.

Darn shame I spent $30 for this in HD-DVD format otherwise it too would get the old heave-ho.

Oh, and don't even bother believing the crap stating that this movie is "Outrageous! Uproariously Funny!" It isn't. I might have cracked a giggle a couple of times, but nothing more. I guess I shouldn't have, as I believe I woke Connie up a couple of times....

Ah well, better luck next time....