View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolassbrad View Post
did this law pass? looks like we'll see more high speed chasesi love a good chase as much as the next guy unfortunately they will be at the expense of some kids life.but hey the state will have bikes to auction off and with the money they can vote themselves a raise and get a pat on the back

i love my country but fear my government

We've gotten stupid with our laws! We need to vote or throw these kneejerk knuckleheads out of office and get a new crop

I agree that sport bikes are becoming a problem, and that they are thier own worse enemy, but this little piece of legislation sets a terrible precedent.
1st, the term "shall" removes all discretion from the officer. It also allows the officer to blame his/her unreasonable actions on the state

And where did this arbitrary "30" come from? What makes it so much more deadly than 25 or 28?

If this legislation is allowed to pass and enter statute, it's only a matter of time before you and I feel the pinch of big brother in the drivers seat.

This is just where other bad legislation came from.

And yes, with the threat of jail, impoundment and siezure, there will be more unnecessary pursuits for "traffic" offenses which unduly endanger the public

Of course, they'll now be pursuing for "criminal" charges, which will make it ok
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote