View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #14
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, this is what a friend wrote me.

Just so you know there is one case on the books right now that involves a 2004 R1 used by someone other then the owner that the state police are trying to (continue to keep) keep........the case has been going on for 2 years....paperwork on the state side is 3-4 inches thick (no lie) ....basically their looking to twist a law that states if a vehical is used in the commision of a felony it can be seized.......in this case a Florida State Police Lt. is under oath lieing about the arrest details to win this case........currently it's a $6400 bike...that after sitting for 2 years will need $300-$500 in tires/fluids/injecters cleaned........with auction fees they may net $5800 after it's all said and done.

Now What does it cost the tax payers to support 1 mva attorney, states attorney to 2 years when their document file is 3-4 inches thick........2 Judges.........the cost of 6 jurors.........fees of court dictation..........storage and impound..........court paperwork and fileing.........bringing in 4 officers to testify over a 2 day period.........a adversarial preliminary hearing.........4 1/2 hour of interrogatories.........a denied motion of summary judgement..........and I'm sure there are many other hours invested by other departments..........not to mention food on the plate of the lieing Lt. who took an oath to uphold the law.

All at the tax payers and the owners (not driver) expense, which I'm sure is worth more then the bikes current $5800 value.