View Single Post
Unread 10-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
Ok, in my ongoing quest for more power, I have decided to take the plunge and do the H/C route and my next endevour...

The goal: I am looking to get around 400+ range out of my LS1 in NA form.

Current mods: TSP LT headers, X-pipe (no cats)
Granetelli catback exhaust
LS6 Intake Mani
Ported TB

So I have been doing some research and have decided to go with Patriot stageII 5.3 heads. Mainly due to the great feed back on them and the cost.
http://www.patriot-performance.com/w...05233&DID=1225

What I need help on is cam specs..... I have zero knowledge on what is a good cam or what will work with the heads i'm looking into.

All I know is 400+ out of the combo, must be tame for daily driving use and still give some power.

What say you....
Well the first ? is what is your current # now?Are you looking for brake horse power/torque or RWHP/Torque #?

The reason I asked is because depending on the your current # and close or far you are from 400+ hp/tq,you may beable to just get you present heads polished and ported and increase your air flow to get you to those #'s.Some rocker work and new valve's and you will be surprise how much more hp/tq you will get,It's alot cheaper also.Just another idea.

Changing your cam is a big decision,It will only help you if you use the vette for the right reason's,moving your power band up or down will only be applied on certian times,What I mean is,will you really use that higher or lower power that much and is it worth the money?Sure it will make your vette sound different and run alittle different but for the money I would try something else before a cam swap.But it's your time and money.If you decide to do a head and cam swap don't for get your check your lifter's to see if they will also work with your new combo.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote