View Single Post
Unread 10-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default CorvetteFlorida name badges

We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Or do we? Many times I will see someone and although the face is familiar, just what IS his or her name? I'll be the first to admit that I am terrible at remembering names.

So, what the heck... maybe this would be worthwhile for the shows so we ALL don't have to fumble for names when someone walks up on us, obviously remembering who WE are but we are clueless without some help.....

Had a few minutes before thinking about hitting the hay and Connie asked me about some name badges when we go to shows, and brought this idea onto the front burner. I had already bought an Avery name badge a while back and have the software to easily create this sort of thing, so I figured I would give it a whirl...

So here's what I came up with as a quick and dirty result:

The way this works is for me to type the member names into a database, and then the program prints out pages of these name badges with the member names plugged in. I could add a field to put in your REAL NAMES as well, if you wish, but this decision would have to be made prior to filling in the data base.

Now, distribution might be an issue. Mailing one out to everyone who wants one could be a real good way to push me over the edge. Perhaps bringing them to the shows would work? Of course, then I am in a pickle when someone just walks up and says "Hi Rich! I'm here to pick up my badge..." and I have to hem and haw hoping I can fumble around long enough to get a clue about who it is I am looking for printed on the badge. I may have to do something really graceless, but helpful, such as dropping ALL the badges onto the ground and let them find their own badge...

Anyway, let me know what you think. With the Cypress Gardens and UCP shows coming up, this may be a good time to do something like this....