• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

First Annual Sunshine Corvette Poker Run

Formula Outlaw said:
Hope to see you there...:yesnod: :yesnod:

You talked me into it. Will mail entry Monday. Now for those of us not familiar with area, can you better describe location where we are meeting. I will be coming from Ft. Myers area.

:confused:

als2052 said:
You talked me into it. Will mail entry Monday. Now for those of us not familiar with area, can you better describe location where we are meeting. I will be coming from Ft. Myers area.

:confused:

Easy. And THANKS for participating...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Come up I-75 to exit 205. (Clark Rd.), it's the first Sarasota exit. When you get off the interstate make a left so you are heading west on Clark Rd. You will go about a mile or so and on the left you will see a fairly good sized greenish building with "Livingstons" on the front of it. If you should pass over railroad tracks at McInstosh Rd., you've gone to far. Also on the corner is a big white sign with blue letters that says Clark Center. That is Clark Center Ave., turn left there, (you are now headed south) and down on the left hand side past a small strip mall thingie maybe half a mile little less, you will see a black sign with yellow lettering saying Corvettes West. The address is 6175 Clark Center Ave.

We will also have "Corvette Poker Run" signs out by the intersection of Clark Rd. and Clark Center Ave. directing you in. We will have people to assist you in parking to register. Just come into the office to register and get started.

Tell any friends you might have that also have Corvettes.

Trying to get as many as I can. Would LOVE to have 125 cars there. All the card stops have plenty of parking and Hooters is reserving parking for us.

Any other questions contact me. Russ

Formula Outlaw said:
What Rich doesn't know yet is that under the CorvetteFlorida.com

I'm going to write:

"Wants to be in everybody's will".......:D :D

So what is the downside to that? Except, of course, that everyone else will probably outlive me..............

Oh, btw, the wife and I are both mediums for the T-shirts. The wife and I were discussing the poker run today when driving back from our trip to Micanopy. With her sister coming down from Delaware that weekend, I don't think I could swing the trip to Sarasota. Would it gum up the works if I buy two tickets anyway and have to be a no-show?

Rich Z said:
So what is the downside to that? Except, of course, that everyone else will probably outlive me..............

Oh, btw, the wife and I are both mediums for the T-shirts. The wife and I were discussing the poker run today when driving back from our trip to Micanopy. With her sister coming down from Delaware that weekend, I don't think I could swing the trip to Sarasota. Would it gum up the works if I buy two tickets anyway and have to be a no-show?

Sent you a PM....

On the shirts I put:

CORVETTEFLORIDA.COM
Florida's Corvette Forum

We're in! Check and registration are in the mail :dancer01:
Can we see if some of the local club members would like to join in? Didn't know if you had all the cars you wanted already.

2Vettes said:
We're in! Check and registration are in the mail :dancer01:
Can we see if some of the local club members would like to join in? Didn't know if you had all the cars you wanted already.

The more the merrier. I'd really appreciate it if you would spread the word. For some really petty "political reasons" there are some in my own club who are downplaying this event yet others are really trying to help me. I won't get into it until after the event, but there are going to be some "crossed swords". At this point I have more coming down from Tampa than my own club. It's embarassing.

I REALLY appreciate my club members who are trying to help me.

If I had my way we'd have 200 cars at this Poker Run. With the exception of my own club, the interest and response has been very good.

Bottom line, bring all that you can. We'll have room.....and THANKS...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great! I sent an email to the local clubs down here with a link to the registration form and this thread, AND to the home page here. Maybe Rich will get some new members to the site, too!:thumbsup:

Thanks for doing that. This could be a huge break both for the Poker Run and our new Forum.

I think:

Beer's on Rich......:thumbsup: :D :D :D

Formula Outlaw said:
Thanks for doing that. This could be a huge break both for the Poker Run and our new Forum.

I think:

Beer's on Rich......:thumbsup: :D :D :D

Does that mean I would need to bring a change of clothes with me? :D

If you're interested in joining a Fort Myers area Corvette club, contact "Corvettes on the Gulf", Fort Myers/Cape Coral. We have about 100 members. For further info, go to our web site, www.corvettesonthegulf.com. Hope you'll give us a try when you move to Fort Myers.

Electra said:
If you're interested in joining a Fort Myers area Corvette club, contact "Corvettes on the Gulf", Fort Myers/Cape Coral. We have about 100 members. For further info, go to our web site, www.corvettesonthegulf.com. Hope you'll give us a try when you move to Fort Myers.

Sure would be nice if you could get those 100 members to join up here as well. ;)

Formula Outlaw said:
Rich, I think it's going to blow you away how fast this Forum is going to grow...:yesnod: :yesnod:

Well that will be a double edged sword for sure.... :eek: On one hand it will really be great to have a bunch of people enjoying themselves here and us all able to discuss not only Corvettes, but also our own home state of Florida and all the things of interest to us about both. On the other hand, however, I hope the server will hold up. This site is on my server #2, which is not the fastest nor the bestest, since I use it for my background programs and other less speed critical applications. If I have to get another server, I do hope I can line up some sponsors beforehand to help with the finances. Not complaining at all mind you, just keeping an eye out to the future. I wouldn't want this to get away from me where it slowed down so much that people would leave because of the slowness. So you all keep me informed if you see any glitches or slowness. I may be preoccupied with other stuff and not catch the warning signs in time.

Anyway, yes, I am excited about this. I go to my other sites to work and bear the headaches of the people pounding on me there for one reason or another. I come to this one to relax and have fun.

Rich Z said:
Well that will be a double edged sword for sure.... :eek: On one hand it will really be great to have a bunch of people enjoying themselves here and us all able to discuss not only Corvettes, but also our own home state of Florida and all the things of interest to us about both. On the other hand, however, I hope the server will hold up. This site is on my server #2, which is not the fastest nor the bestest, since I use it for my background programs and other less speed critical applications. If I have to get another server, I do hope I can line up some sponsors beforehand to help with the finances. Not complaining at all mind you, just keeping an eye out to the future. I wouldn't want this to get away from me where it slowed down so much that people would leave because of the slowness. So you all keep me informed if you see any glitches or slowness. I may be preoccupied with other stuff and not catch the warning signs in time.

Anyway, yes, I am excited about this. I go to my other sites to work and bear the headaches of the people pounding on me there for one reason or another. I come to this one to relax and have fun.

If you ever need someone to "pound back for you" call me....:yesnod:

One thing you might consider: keep part of the site "free" and then charge a membership fee to access all of the Forum. I know I sure don't have a problem with paying $ 25.00 bucks a year for this....

I had a comment from my own Corvette club that they thought a fifty dollar entry fee for my Poker Run was a little much. My response was: if you're driving a Corvette and can't afford fifty bucks, then sell the damned Vette and buy a Miata, and start the VeniceFloridaMiata "club...:banghead: :banghead:

Back