• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

New State of Fla. Regulations re Cellphone Usage & other driving matters

Electra

It has been rumored that the following fines have been implemented effective Aug. 1, 2007, for the State of Florida: Does anyone have concurrence of this?

Subject: New State of Florida Regulations Regarding Cellphone Useage and
other driving matters

These are new fines that were implemented on 8/1/07 for the State of
Florida:
· As of 08/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while
driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy -
easy money for police department.
· Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as
of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
· Carpool lane - 1st time $1,
$68.50 starting 8/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double, 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
· Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections. Block intersection - $485.
· Driving on the shoulder - $450.
· Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.
· Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
DUI (Driving under Influence = JAIL and stays on your driving record for 10 years!

Electra said:
It has been rumored that the following fines have been implemented effective Aug. 1, 2007, for the State of Florida: Does anyone have concurrence of this?

Subject: New State of Florida Regulations Regarding Cellphone Useage and
other driving matters

These are new fines that were implemented on 8/1/07 for the State of
Florida:
· As of 08/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while
driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy -
easy money for police department.
· Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as
of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
· Carpool lane - 1st time $1,
$68.50 starting 8/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double, 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
· Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections. Block intersection - $485.
· Driving on the shoulder - $450.
· Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.
· Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
DUI (Driving under Influence = JAIL and stays on your driving record for 10 years!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/california.asp

Gregg Tool said:
Definitely the part about cell phones.

You ever notice how many police we have driving around town with cell phones stuck to thier ears? It ain't all bidniz;)

Shadow said:
You ever notice how many police we have driving around town with cell phones stuck to thier ears? It ain't all bidniz;)
:lmao: I saw one just the day before yesterday in fact!!!

when I see someone blabbering on a cellphone, I treat them as if I saw them with a bottle of whiskey hanging from their mouth. :eek:

gauSZ06 said:
when I see someone blabbering on a cellphone, I treat them as if I saw them with a bottle of whiskey hanging from their mouth. :eek:

Good analogy, a study on this placed cellphone users at about the same level as someone at a .08 bac in their driving ability. That was with or without a handsfree, there is basically no difference. There are more articles and studies on the issue. Here's a quote from an article regarding a study by Johns Hopkins University, click the link for the entire article.

Take talking on a cell phone while driving a car, for example, and this is not part of an anti-cell phone crusade. New research shows, however, that the price we pay for trying to listen intensely comes at the expense of our ability to see clearly.

When we turn the "listening knobs" up, says psychologist Steve Yantis of Johns Hopkins University, we turn the "visual knobs" down.

It doesn't make any difference if the phone is hands-free. It's the listening that makes the difference, not the nature of the instrument.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/DyeHard/story?id=889064&page=1

Its just another way to control what you do and make money off of the average working man let them go out and find real criminals they make everyone a criminal with these stupid laws if you all can't see that your just as dumb as they are you like the state to govern your life were has our freedom gone . three miles an hour over in a residential area ok but on the hwys thats
BS there taking away our freedom in this country because of people who can't
govern there own life with common sense and need to be told how to live lets just make hugo chavez head of state. it's just another reason to be stoped and hassled by law enforcment and an excuse and take your money do'n't we get hammered already by insurance companies and taxes to be raped by the dmv wake up were not robots but they what to treat you like one your being programed . dui laws i can understand but the nit picking seat belt law bogus whats next crash helments. No seat belts or insurance on a motorcycle your figure that one out . thank you for protecting and serving me. I can take care of myself

the devils advicate

I drive 2-3000 miles a month in my C6.(in Florida)
Almost every idotic driving stunt I see involves someone a cell phone.
I am all for spirited driving but leave the freakin phone alone till you get to a rest area.

But ya know I'll bet half of communications between supervisors and road units were via cell phones in my dept.

Its just another way to control what you do and make money off of the average working man let them go out and find real criminals they make everyone a criminal with these stupid laws if you all can't see that your just as dumb as they are you like the state to govern your life were has our freedom gone . three miles an hour over in a residential area ok but on the hwys thats
BS there taking away our freedom in this country because of people who can't
govern there own life with common sense and need to be told how to live lets just make hugo chavez head of state. it's just another reason to be stoped and hassled by law enforcment and an excuse and take your money do'n't we get hammered already by insurance companies and taxes to be raped by the dmv wake up were not robots but they what to treat you like one your being programed . dui laws i can understand but the nit picking seat belt law bogus whats next crash helments. No seat belts or insurance on a motorcycle your figure that one out . thank you for protecting and serving me. I can take care of myself

the devils advicate

Easy there big boy, you'll blow a gasket

Back