View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Sure they're a threat to both; however, it's time the neighboring nations and citizens of theier own country take a postitive and premptive role...first:thumbsup
That's what I'd like to see, but without an outside influence Nothing Short of a Civil War is going to fix their issues. And I'm not even sure that'll help.

NTM which neighboring Countries are you suggesting lead this Positive and Premptive role?...They're all into their own agendas and/or are too scared to do anything without Our Help.. IMO.

Quote:
As well, they and others (Kuwait, etc) usually take a secondary (or further back) role in the battles that concern them and let us (the US) and NATO do the dirty work
Nothing new there.
That's the biotch about being a Super power.

Quote:
One of them made an intersting observation regarding Desert Storm and the reason we didn't push further into Iraq. Daddy Bush knew that, "if we brake it we've own it."
Jr. Hadn't figured that one when the crapola hit the wind machine, thus, we broke it, and now, we own it.
Hell, I knew that!
Like I said earlier, If we had done it right the first time, when we had EVERYONE'S blessing, then EVERYONE would "own It"...Not just us and a few others.
Come on now...Why should we have trusted Saddam to abide by the resolutions after the first war? Hell, he was breaking the rules long before the first war to the point of Sanctions being applied, and Even then he broke the rules and undermined NATO.

Quote:
Troop pull out? Not gonna happen We'll always have bases/a presence in the region
It's been that way since WWII with the exception of Vietnam I do believe.

Quote:
At least Billy left office with a smile on his face and a balanced budget

At what cost.. 911?!!!
Sure the budget was balancing out, but while he was Busy balancing the budget, and with Monica on his brain , America got Complacent and Terrorists were scheming away...
Long before Bush Jr's. term in office I might add. Then what..9 months after Bush became President 911 happened, followed shortly thereafter with war with Iraq and Ka Blammm...the Budget is in the toilet AGAIN!

That being said...Who's to blame for our current situation with Iraq and the Budget????

JAN...I DON'T agree with everything Bush Jr. has done, but I do believe Saddam needed to be replaced LONG before his Presidency. So It fell into the lap of Bush Jr and he put his foot down.

Clinton damn sure wasn't going to do anything...He had a distraction!
It's a shame though...How many that were murdered over there, during his term that is.