• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2006 Z06 Fest Drag Racing at Beech Bend

Nice run. I heard a lot of wheel spin at launch, was that you or the other guy? What rpm did you launch at? If you can get those 60' times down a bit, you'll be mid-low 12's for sure. Good job for your 1st time.:thumbsup:

Mark Dalton said:
Nice run. I heard a lot of wheel spin at launch, was that you or the other guy? What rpm did you launch at? If you can get those 60' times down a bit, you'll be mid-low 12's for sure. Good job for your 1st time.:thumbsup:

Mark, from what everyone said, their times were a 1/2 second off what they usually run.

I didn't have a lot of wheel spin on that run. I think it was him. I launched at maybe 2000 rpm's. I tried a few runs with a burnout and some without. Can't really say it helped or not. I was running street tires.

Pseudomind said:
What did the Black Corvette have going for it? I am thinking it was not quite stock?

The specs are below. You can change the best E.T. to 10.06 (done last week sometime) and of course you've seen the video of the 10.16.

It was featured in Vette Magazine. Here is a link to the story and pictures.
http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vemp_0601_leake/

SPEC SHEET

Car: '02 Corvette Z06
Owner: Mike Leake
Block: GM C5-R racing aluminum
Displacement: 427 cubic inches (7.0 liters)
Compression ratio: 8.5:1
Heads: AFR 225 Mongoose (72cc chambers)
Valves: Manley stainless 2.02-in/1.60-in
Camshaft: COMP hydraulic roller
Rockers arms: COMP 1.6 ratio
Pistons: Wiseco forged-aluminum
Crankshaft: Lunati forged-steel
Rods: Lunati forged-aluminum
Intake manifold: Stock LS6
Fuel injectors: 72-lb low-impedance
Fuel pump: Lingenfelter/SX Performance high-pressure fuel pump, 80 gph
Ignition: Stock
Engine management: FAST/DFI (ACCEL)
Power adder: ATI ProCharger F-1C
Maximum boost: 36 psi
Exhaust system: Kooks 17/8-in long-tube headers; Stainless Works 3-inch exhaust system
Transmission: Stock T56 six-speed, rebuilt by Rockland Standard
Clutch: SPEC Stage 5
Driveshaft: Hardened main output shaft
Front suspension: Stock with HAL QA1 adjustable shocks
Rear suspension: Stock with HAL QA1 adjustable shocks
Rear end: Stock with hardened halfshafts, DTE trans brace
Front brakes: Stock with high-performance pads
Rear brakes: Stock with high-performance pads
Wheels: CCW 16-inch "drag package"
Front tires: Drag Skinnies
Rear tires: Hoosier 28x12x16
Fuel octane: 100 (minimum)
Weight: Approx. 3,200 lbs.
Best e.t./mph: 10.2 seconds @ 140.9 mph
Best 60-foot time: 1.59 seconds
Current mileage: 14,300
Miles driven weekly: Approx. 100 (during good weather)

MADN3SS said:
Mark, from what everyone said, their times were a 1/2 second off what they usually run.

I didn't have a lot of wheel spin on that run. I think it was him. I launched at maybe 2000 rpm's. I tried a few runs with a burnout and some without. Can't really say it helped or not. I was running street tires.

That's probably true, the weather plays a HUGE part in affecting e.t.'s. Burnouts don't really do much for street tires, except to get the water off. Manual trannies (for me at least) are very hard to launch well consistantly.

Back