View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #9
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Arrow NCCC

It's amazing that after every "judged" car show how much complaining goes on. I understand due to the fact that your Corvette is a very personal possession and one takes it as an affront when someone else "puts down" their car by not making it a winner. AND after every event someone always comes up with a more fair judging system. Since 1959 the National Council of Corvettes Clubs has consistently had judged car show and since 1959 has had a set of rules to help member (and non-member) clubs to host these shows. Presently there are 15 Regions, 269 clubs with over 16,500 members nationwide that present feed-back for this rule book. The reason is simple, when you attend a NCCC Sanctioned event; no matter where in the US, if you have a rule book you will know where your car will be placed (class) and how it will be judged. For a set of these rule please go to:

www.corvettesnccc.org

scroll down to "By-Laws, standing rules & competition manual" click on NCCC competition manual and click on Chapter 7. Concours D'Elegance. There in several pages is a compilation of 49 years of experience in not only car shows, but racing, rallying and all other forms of competition.

How your car is judged is never going to be perfect as long as humans are doing the judging. Either live with it or quit going to shows. I've been showing Corvettes since 1967 and in those 41 years have had my share of disappointments and winnings. Take the criticism, go home and fix the problem. And then go get 'em the next time!!!
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote