View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #15
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona-Flyer View Post
Don't take this lightly!

There is another bill in the Senate that will make any exhibition of speed an offense. This includes chirping your tires while shifting gears or using excessive acceleration.

This is very small part of a large transportation bill.

Eric
Therein lies the problem. Too many wanna be do-gooders trying to micro manage the population

FYI, most exhibitions of speed are already a violation of one or more of Florida's motor vehicle traffic laws. But to criminalize them is asking for trouble within an already overburdened legal system.

People really need to pay attention to thier lawmakers. Remember, they're really not looking after "our" good. They're generally looking after thier "own" good by cowtowing to the PAC's, big $$ groups and those groups that make enough noise to get them voted out of office.

I have no problem with traffic laws. Enforced them all my life. Good laws are reasonable laws.

Laws that allow too much interpretation by law enforcement or by thier very nature become "catch all" laws, are not "good" laws

ie:
Careless driving. Easily interpreted and applied to almost any situation with a little creative writing.

Racing on highways: again, doesn't need 2 cars to make this happen and with the wrong officer, wrong place, or a little creative writing, it's allover.

These laws are being brought about due to the improper actions of a few. The wheeling bikers, the crotch rocket racers, and the occasional street racer that kills himself or someone else.

I happen to agree with the OP on this matter. Lets make sure our lawmakers keep the laws reasonable and on point thats all
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote