View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
MiamiMuscle

Name :
MiamiMuscle has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Sounds like a law that has too much leeway based on OPINION, rather that provable facts. I'd fight it. Ask the officer to provide FACTS proving your guilt.
I want to fight it sooo bad!! But knowing how the system works, I whole heartidly feel its going to just be a losing battle for one simple fact. At the time i had a tuner pluged in and was datalogging and he asked what it was. When i told him it was a tuner and i was logging diagnostics, he wrote on the ticket in the comments "tuner in car- improper (something, i cant make out its not legible and then) racing". He told me i was lucky getting off with just careless and that he could of cited me for drag racing and a couple of other offenses. Lucky for me i kept my seltbelt on or that probably would have been another ticket also. The judge is just going to read tuner and racing and nothing i say after that is going to sway him, especially since racers, mostly sport bikes have been getting a really bad rep around here recently. The officer even told me to tack it to the track if i want to race and said his streets (even though ive been a resident of miami beach for almost 8 years now, but supposidly its his not ours) were not a drag strip. Then he gave me a lecture about deadly crashes, mostly bikes, occouring on an almost nightly basis, which i am more than aware of.

This incident combined with the ridiculous price of gas has just convinved me of what i need to do to avoid going thru this again and ruining my driving record. I am going to buy the best car cover money can buy and retiring my babay from daily use. Instead im going to look for a used or new econimical car or hybrid for my daily driver and only take the v8 to the track. This is my only choice since selling it is not an option. Now i just need to start looking into road courses open to the public in Florida, since ive never been to the track in my whole life. I know Morrosso has a road course, how difficult is it to get on and how expensive?? Also where else can i go?
MiamiMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote