View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
fartbubbles

Name :
fartbubbles is on a distinguished road

ok this is a fairly old thread but i've had some experience right here. im sure you've figured out that the intake manifold on your l98 is EXTREMELY restrictive. its down right made for a 305! the long runners provide a nice amount of torque at about 3k rpm but it chokes right afterwards.

all depending on your budget... you could simply create yourself a ram air box right near the air dam for a few ponies. you could port/polish the tb/manifold and buy larger runners for a bit more.. but still not changing the manner of the motor. your torque curve will still be fairly low, just larger. OR you can dig deep and buy one of the many intake/tb/manifold/plenum combos out there. I went with the HSR and it totally brought my car to life. I ended up netting 30 rwhp (with tune), losing 10 rwtq, but the car pulled until 6k. the torque curve was flat, and the power curve peaked at 4800. I know the HSR is virtually impossible to fit under a c4 hood, but you could either get a cowl or find an alternative intake.
fartbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote