View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road
Default Frankenstein Resto update

Hello All,

I built my spray booth, purchased my paint supplies and I am in the primer stage of the work. It will take some more time before I actually shoot the paint on the car. The parts get painted first, but the car needs a few minor body repairs, primer, sanding, blocking, base and clear. I am using Evercoat slick sand high build primer. Its easy to spray and sands very nice. I decided to go with the orginal black for the car in PPG omni au MBC9300.
I was going to do metallic
but I think I will stick with the original color. The clear is PPG concept DCU2021 urethane clear. I built a home made paint booth with pvc pipe and clear plastic sheeting. I installed two intake fans with filters and two exhaust fans so I can see what I am painting. I have installed numerous lights. I thought I would have the car finished by now but I have been very busy with my business. There is alot of prep work involved that just cant be rushed. I want a show quality finish on my vette and that is what I am taking my time so I get it right. Here are some pictures. See you all on the next update.

Joe - Flash
Attached Images

Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote