View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
A couple of weeks ago I needed to order a throttle body/plenum gasket for that Shaner throttle body I need to install, and I found that Ecklers had them in stock. But heck, I hated to order just that one $13 item from them, so I was thumbing through their catalog looking for some filler for the order. Well, since I am always finding a reason to wash and/or wax my Z, I noticed this ad about something called the Cobra Waffle Weave Towel (http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=126). Well that would certainly fill the ticket for what I needed. I also ordered a digital tire gauge while I was at it - the one I had has a 10 year non replaceable battery and guess what? I bought it 12 years ago and the battery is dead..... I figured it would cost me more to send it back and get the battery replaced then just buying a new one.

Anyway about this waffle towel, yeah, it sounded like hype to me, but what the heck, I'll try about anything once. Well I have now used it twice after washing the Z and I have to admit I am amazed! I can use it to thoroughly dry the entire car and although I can plainly see it soaking up all that water, when I am done, I cannot even SQUEEZE a drop of water out of it afterwards. Beats the hell out of me where the water goes to. The towel is definitely heavier, so I know the water is in there, but obviously there is room for a LOT more. I think I could throw it into the Gulf of Mexico and drain the whole darn thing.......

Anyway, just one of those things that turned out OK on a shot in the dark.
I love detailing my Z and belong to several detailing forums. I have a garage full of microfiber/waffleweave clothes. Great detailing stuff. Always wash just MF and WW's by them selves and you won't have to worry about lint. Don't use fabric softener or wash soap with fragrance either. They will ruin the clothes.......Tom