View Single Post
Unread 06-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #28
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Sorry for the heavy rant there Rich. It just pegs my needle when someone thinks a "celebrity" should get preferential treatment. And this Bollea kid isn't even that. If my son was in his place, I'd be really torn up. But did he get what he had coming? There are consequences for the choices we make in life and they should be distributed equally no matter what your name is or how much money you (or your family) have. If he had been driving 5 or ten miles over the speed limit and had this wreck it might qualify as an accident. But when you drive in excess of 30 mph over the posted speed limit with a passenger in the car on a street heavy with traffic, racing.....that's no accident. That my friend is a poor choice. And if you make choices that poor, you have demonstrated that you don't need to be driving. I've dealt with this type of personality before. Daddy (or mommy) will get me out of this, they've done it before, many times. Well, when you make a decision that cost someone their life (no, he's not dead, but he may as well be) you should be prepared to deal with what gets handed down to you. I can't help but wonder what John thinks about all this (if he CAN think).
I fully understand Jeff, and agree with you. The law SHOULD be the law, no matter who it is applied to. But some involved in his thread are going just a couple of toes over the line as to what is acceptable as being posted on a public message board. Without some moderation brakes applied, it would only get worse, which I don't want to see happen here.