View Single Post
Unread 09-23-2006, 11:38 PM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Been playing around with my HPTuners program a bit today, and it seems pretty neat. Did some black box data logging after I figured out how to do that. Kind of interesting to set up the graphs on the computer after downloading from the "box" and playing it back to watch the display.

Wonder if I can figure out a way to convert it to a .WMV file? Now THAT would be cool.....

I think I have a problem with my IAT sensor. Been logging some DIC errors every now and again, but seeing it on the graph shows me there may be a definite problem. Temps should be pretty much constant, I would think, and pretty near ambient temperature. But I saw some sudden spikes come out of nowhere that shot up close to 125 degrees, and dropped just as suddenly. That just shouldn't be normal.

Tell you what, I can see where something like this would be a Godsend for diagnostic purposes where an intermittent problem is taking place. The list of sensors and variables that can be monitored us absolutely UNREAL. Personally, even without the tuning capability, I believe this product would be worth the money for this fact alone.

Still have LOTS to learn, of course, but I think it will be one hell of a valuable education in itself.

I went out and bought another laptop just for this purpose, since my Gateway is just too darn heavy and bulky. Bought an Averatec that weighs just a hair over 4 pounds and is just great for this sort of thing. But I do wish someone would invent some sort of cybernetic input for these things. I really just don't like the finger "squeegee" pad that takes the place of the mouse.