View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #22
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Wow that was quite a reply you made there vette8t7, very interesting some of your thoughts. As far as singling out Ecklers I think the original posters thoughts about never buying from Ecklers again stems basically from the fact that he wasn't recieving the proper customer assistance. Basically in his first communications from Ecklers they were in a round about way calling him a liar in a nice way telling him they never recieved his return, funny because they got the other piece he returned with it. I can see his frustration in the way he was delt with, and to be quite honest I have a couple of "I will never buy there again's " on my list. One being Applebees, I know millions of people have eaten there with never a problem but I had one. One night my wife and I went in there to eat and I ordered one of their burgers. It arrived and looked nice but after a couple of bites something didn't taste right. I proceeded to pull a hair about four inches long out of my mouth. I kinda blew it of, cause I was hungry, but with the next bite I pulled another hair out of my mouth. I called the manager over and informed him that I had a two hair limit and I had no intention of paying for the meal. He apologized and told me I could have anything off the menu and if I wanted my wife and I could drink ourselves into a stuper, we declined. That was seven years ago and I have never been back. Another little interesting tidbit is one I had at Wendys. Dave Thomas was a likable guy and he did much for orphans in his life. It was winter time in Mass and we went into a Wendys to get a bite to eat. Now there was snow on the ground and salt and sand on the walkways that had also been tracked onto the floors of the store and the employee work areas. We ordered our food and I ordered a cup of chili. The employee went to scoop out the chili from the pot and proceeded to drop the ladle on the floor. Can you guess what happened next, you guessed it, the ladle went from the floor right back into the pot and scooped out a cupful for me. Fat chance. I informed the manager of what happened, he apologized and asked me which employee did it. I told him rather than single out one employee there was probably a need to speak to them all, and tell them that you don't use a utensil that has been dropped on the floor to serve food without cleaning it first. That was 11 years ago and I have never been back. Moral of the story is, if you feel that you have been treated unfairly you have the right to not patronize that establishment and tell people of your experience. Part of being an internet community is sharing your experience with the people you have become friendly with to tell them of your negative experience and collect their thoughts which is what happened here. People advised Scott to keep after them and they finally did the right thing and credited his account. So, all that said vette8t7, I'm sure you have had some bad experiences dealing with vendors, restaurents, car dealers or whatever, why don't you tell us how you would have handled an experience like this.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote