• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Server failure - 11/29/08

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
The server's hard drive apparently failed, and along the way corrupted the database here on this site. Fortunately the server techs were able to reconstruct the database file, otherwise I was looking at the spectre of having to go back to a backup file dated 11/24 in order to recover the site. Apparently when the drive started to fail, the backup procedure I run every night died.

Hopefully all is well now. I've just got a new batch of white hairs, since I am long past the gray haired stage from doing this sort of thing.... :banghead:

Sorry about the down time, but at least we didn't have to lose the last 5 day's worth of posts......

Rich, thanks for all of the time, energy, and effort that you put into the site. I, for one, really appreciate it :thumbsup:. On a lighter note.......the next time that a bunch of us get together, I'll take up a collection for you so that you can get some "Grecian Formula" or other "gray away" stuff for your hair :rofl1:.
Andy :wavey:

I know the feeling. In one of my former jobs, I was the data center operations manager for a small bank in New Jersey. When something like this happened, I aged a year a minute.

Back