View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #15
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

I think I remember reading/hearing $68 an hour for wages and benefits per worker (average). There were a few cents over $68, but I'm getting too old to remember that ish.

However, since I can't remember the source, I can't vouch for it's accuracy. This thread is the first I've seen $80 thrown up, but considering the average... it's possible. I think the point they are making is that Honda and Subaru make a better car of better quality, paying the workers $40 something. I don't claim to know what the production costs are per car, but looking at a new Cadillac's paint or a new Chevy's interior... I'd believe that they cost less to make than a Civic or an STi even.

Now that said, I'm not too worried about the economy much anymore. Once the bubble popped, I lost about $5,000 in the stocks so I sold them. Being 18; I haven't had time to get too many taxes assigned to me; so after payroll taxes, car insurance, and gas; I don't have too much to pay for. So I look on the overall bright side, that gas is $1.61 a gallon, which is cheaper than what it was when I started (legally) driving.

Everything else sucks, though.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote