View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #16
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Master View Post
Do any of the people who have placed quotes in this thread actually know the hourly wages of GM union employees? Do any of you know for a fact what the cost is per employee for their benefit package? Do any of you know what the actual labor costs are for assembling a car, or for that matter what the labor cost is to make those parts? I will stand my ground and say there is a whole hell of a lot more to the equation than union wages and benefits. My friends who work in GM factories have taken concessions time and time again. Their retirement benefits have been reduced, and stand to be reduced again. Their numbers have been reduced by half through automation and out sourcing. So when you look for who to blame for the big threes current condition don't let your hatred for unions and what they stand for blind you to all the facts. Don't let your jealousy for their wages that they fought for blind you of the corporate greed. I will not be drawn into a argument over this subject. If you wish to discuss it intelligently so be it.
Great! At least they have those things. Most of us don't have the luxury and yeah, it's $68+ an hour but wait, I said that and so did FloridaZ.

Yeah, I do blame the unions. They don't protect anyone but themselves and they sell out to "corporate greed" just as much as everyone else. I had this happen to me at an old job when the CWA sold us up the river and left us for dead like the sellout cowards they were. I have more knowledge in my pinky finger being a network technician and engineer then most of those schmucks moving hoods onto the assembly line and unlike them I had to goto school to learn my trade and make twenty percent what they do so no, I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Like Shadow said, I guess if the auto industry decided to ditch the unions, pay the autoworkers a reasonable salary and benefits, there would still be lines of men and women applying for the job. I totally agree. FloridaZ, comparing the interior of a Caddy to a piece of s#!t Honda or Suburu? Come on man, we have to agree to disagree there. New Caddies are sweet as can be. I see them at the Breakers Hotel where my wife works and saw lots of them at the Barrett Jackson show. They are top-notch. Chevys however traditionally have always been a little lax on the interior though. I agree with you there.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote