View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, maybe I am going a bit overboard, but I have the oil and filter changed in my Z every chance I get. When I check the dipstick, if the oil doesn't look exactly like it did when it was put in, I feel it's due for a change. Since I bought the car used, I have NO idea how often the original owner(s) changed the oil. But I do know it wasn't as clean as I would have liked it when I bought it. And as has been mentioned, you CAN'T change your oil TOO often.

As for the tranny fluid, well, I'm looking into that myself. I have no idea as to whether it has EVER been done on my car. So been doing some reading up about the recommendations other people have on what to use in the C5 manual transmission, and it appears the leading recommendation is Royal Purple Synchromax. So that is what I am going to go for.

Oh, one other question.... How many of you have put in one of those magnetic drain plugs in the oil pan? Been thinking about doing that when I read an account of someone having some severe problems when the oil pump got choked up on a small piece of metal in the oil.