• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Any new updates?

Anything new with the Florida Caravan? Hotels? Race track?

Nothing yet.

Met with Georgia Captain couple weeks ago, and he is still waiting for word on track availability.

Until a location is finalized, we will not be recommending motels.

Lake City info will be coming shortly. (No rush for this area, plenty of rooms will be available).

When there is any new info, we will email those on my email list as well as putting a notification on this forum.

Captain EZ

Anything new with the Florida Caravan? Hotels? Race track?

I'm asking the same questions, I have been on past Florida Caravan's and they where so well organized, and lot of fun. This time it's seems to be lot of confusion, and I know they are working hard, but not updating or telling us exactly what is going on, like we don't count.

I'm asking the same questions, I have been on past Florida Caravan's and they where so well organized, and lot of fun. This time it's seems to be lot of confusion, and I know they are working hard, but not updating or telling us exactly what is going on, like we don't count.

I think I was pretty clear on my previous response.

I think I was pretty clear on my previous response.

I have to agree. EZ is trying very hard to get things rolling, but as anyone with a boss knows you can only go as fast as the person above you. The national people and the Georgia people who are responsible for the track are working to solve the problem. EZ will pass on the information as soon as he gets it. Just relax a little, the caravan is not next weekend you know.

Looking forward to new info on Caravan 2009. Thanks for volunteering and organizing the Florida side of things Capt. EZ. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
ps: I sent you a pm.

hotels

I have tried to get hotels (any) within a 50 mile radius and they are all sold out.Are there any fl. clubs that have blocked out rooms and would be willing to give up one.Did not seem to have this issue at the 50th anniversary trip.Any leads?

I spoke with the GA Captain last week, and he is optimistic that a decision will be made by the track this month. It seems that the track is available, but they are dragging their feet on making a commitment to us.

It's out of my hands, so I am relying on information from others.

As soon as I get word, I will post a notice here. Track details and motels will be posted on the caravan web site.

I spoke with the GA Captain last week, and he is optimistic that a decision will be made by the track this month. It seems that the track is available, but they are dragging their feet on making a commitment to us.

It's out of my hands, so I am relying on information from others.

As soon as I get word, I will post a notice here. Track details and motels will be posted on the caravan web site.

Super, thanks for the rapid response. Are we linking up with Georgia folks on the way through their state? If so, can you imagine the number of Vettes hitting BG from the south????

I would like to go but am having problems finding out who is going from this area and also in getting a hotel room. Is there a group going from fla that has blocked out rooms that we can hook up with? :wavey:

I would like to go but am having problems finding out who is going from this area and also in getting a hotel room. Is there a group going from fla that has blocked out rooms that we can hook up with? :wavey:

Scully,
My wife and I are going. We're departing DeBary Sep 1 in the morning and heading to Brandon to link up with the Caravan leaving from there @ 2 PM. The night of Sep 1 we're staying at the Holiday Inn at Lake City. There is a Caravan BBQ planned for that night. Next stop is Atlanta and we're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kennesaw (678-322-1140) Sep 2. I am certain rooms were blocked by our Captain at that location - call and see. The Caravan is going to Road Atlanta Sep 2. Sep 3 we're off to BG and reservations there are up to you - the FL Caravan Captain hasn't blocked rooms there that I know of.

Be sure to check: http://www.corvettecaravan.com/fl/ for the latest word.

If you want to link up with us somewhere as we depart for Tampa then PM me.

Rog

Scully,
My wife and I are going. We're departing DeBary Sep 1 in the morning and heading to Brandon to link up with the Caravan leaving from there @ 2 PM. The night of Sep 1 we're staying at the Holiday Inn at Lake City. There is a Caravan BBQ planned for that night. Next stop is Atlanta and we're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kennesaw (678-322-1140) Sep 2. I am certain rooms were blocked by our Captain at that location - call and see. The Caravan is going to Road Atlanta Sep 2. Sep 3 we're off to BG and reservations there are up to you - the FL Caravan Captain hasn't blocked rooms there that I know of.

Be sure to check: http://www.corvettecaravan.com/fl/ for the latest word.

If you want to link up with us somewhere as we depart for Tampa then PM me.

Rog

I never got an answer, is the Caravan spending the day at Road Atlanta, or the Dragstrip....

Let me know...:shrug01:

Back