View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2006, 01:41 AM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp8653
Yup, thats for sure.....but....a car of this nature and price should not break while on street tires going down a drag strip or spirited driving on the street at any time ever. They know of this problem as there is a revised part number for those of us that broke. At least now I will have the stronger piece. I drive it like a little old lady 98% of the time. The few times I lean on her, I expect not to have to call a tow truck. That being said, I still love the car and wouldn't trade it for anything!
Absolutely! The car should be ABLE to do what it was designed for and advertised as being capable of. And I'd be REAL curious to know if running the car on a drag strip voids the warranty. That would certainly bust your chops, I'll bet!

Let us know how it goes.

I've only been to the dragstrip once, many years ago when I lived in Maryland and wanted to run my '66 GTO. I lost, of course, because the mods I did put the car into the Modified Production class and I was up against a guy who had to pull back on the reigns to keep from running out of that class. Don't know if things were different back then, but they used to class cars by the potential and actual 1/4 times. At least I think that's how it worked..... Lots of guys would have a switch to turn off the brake lights so it wouldn't be visible that they were hitting the brakes to stay in the bracket.

Anyway, I made it safely to the finish line and was in the low 13s, which I don't feel was too bad for a heavy convertible GTO. But still, I did witness several cars give up the ghost on the way down the strip, so that certainly is a risk to be reckoned with. I watched a video just last night where a guy chewed up the ring in his rear end running a course. So even that has a potential price to pay, I suppose.