• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C6 Instrument Panel

Lou G

I just installed a painted console on my '06 Vette (See thread Painted Dash Kit - F55 Option) and am in the process of replacing the Instrument Panel Cluster trim plate. I thought this was going to be easy compared to the console but I am having a heck of time figuring out where the clips are (if any) for the electrical connections on each side of the back panel.

Has anyone done this before or know how to remove these babies? :shrug01:
Thanks, Lou

Im sure Tracy(revxtreme) can answer this one, since his crew has had to take my pod cluster off for installing e-cutout switches, and fixing my push start button that decided to fall behide the panel.

I just installed a painted console on my '06 Vette (See thread Painted Dash Kit - F55 Option) and am in the process of replacing the Instrument Panel Cluster trim plate. I thought this was going to be easy compared to the console but I am having a heck of time figuring out where the clips are (if any) for the electrical connections on each side of the back panel.

Has anyone done this before or know how to remove these babies? :shrug01:
Thanks, Lou
Yeah,there is a tab on the side of the plug that you squeeze and pull the plug out!:thumbsup:I tried to dig up a photo,but I didn't have any closeups!!:banghead:

Thanks guys. The thing is that I can see the plugs through the windshield and I just can't see anything resembling a tab to get the plug out. I felt around with my fingers and don't feel anything to squeeze.

I'll send Tracy a PM and see if he can help me.

Lou,the plugs should look allot like these,only 1 may be a little larger and 1 a little smaller!! Note the tab on the side in the middle!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Lou,the plugs should look allot like these,only 1 may be a little larger and 1 a little smaller!! Note the tab on the side in the middle!!:thumbsup:

I see the tab in your picture but can't see it in mine. Here a couple of pix of what mine looks like. Hope you can spot where it is. By the way, thanks alot. I really appreciate your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 51
From the picture, it would look as if the retainer clip would be on the bottom side. I only say that cause the top of the plug is smooth whereas the bottom looks pushed out where a snap/clip would be.

Yes, squeeze the sides so the black tabs will allow you to pull it past the locking tabs. Make sure you dont pull out the tabs that hold the wires into the connector. The release tabs are clear in the picture...the black ones at the side.

Junk, LS2PWA, Tracey, you guys are the best!!!!!!!!!

With your help I got it done. :dancer01::dancer01::dancer01::dancer01::crazy03:

Here are a couple of pictures. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1386.JPG
    IMG_1386.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 49
The funny thing is that after I was done, I started the car and was checking all the cluster functions and thought that the left function buttons were not working.

I pulled the left side off to see if I had bent any of the pins or had not seated the plug correctly. Put it back together again and then realized I had been looking at the DIC instead of the HUD on the windshield. :lmao::lmao:

Back